On 2012/07/23 11:43 AM, Damon McDougall wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> So, as per Philip's suggestion
> (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/737) I've started
> encapsulating fplot functionality into a class. The point of this is so
> that the user can call either of the following:
>
> FPlot_instance = ax.fplot(f, [x0, y0, x1, y1])
> ax.fplot(FPlot_instance, ...)

The second of these seems odd to me; I would expect FPlot_instance to
have a __call__ method, so the normal use of an existing instance would be

FPlot_instance(...)

Also, regarding the second argument in the first form: I would think it
more natural to split it up into a required [x0, x1] and an optional
[y0, y1], with autoscaling if it is not provided.

Eric