Here's my initial thoughts:

There are a few examples in the event_handling that are going to be much simplified by this new infrastructure. They should be updated to point people in the direction of this new/better/easier way.

How do the *select* methods relate to the existing pick functionality? Does it replace or complement? Are there any inconsistencies in usage between the two?

Other than that, I'm not seeing any obvious issues with the MEP. I'd love to see the code when it's ready.

Mike