I'd certainly like to see that work continue, but I don't know if it's worth holding up the release candidate for. We probably won't get it out today given the other critical things yet to go in -- but once the release candidate is cut, I'd prefer to be really conservative about what changes go in before the final release. We can continue your great PEP8 work on master (after the 1.2.x maintenance branch is created), of course.

Mike

On 09/10/2012 12:10 PM, Nelle Varoquaux wrote:
Hello,

Do you still accept pep8 cleaning up ? I've got a couple of important deadlines coming up soon, but I might be able to clean up the whole code.

Thanks,

On 10 September 2012 18:00, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu <mailto:md...@stsci.edu>> wrote:

    Today is the scheduled day for release candidate 1.2rc1.

    We seem to be in really good shape.  Thanks to everyone that has been
    working so hard to squash bugs, particularly ones that turned out
    to be
    bottomless rabbit holes.

    We have a few outstanding issues, which I'll categorize below:

    Critical things that need just a little more work:

    #1223    dpi= for bitmaps not handled correctly
    #1209    Pass linewidth to Mac context properly
    #786    savefig() renders paths and text differently than show()
    #113    dpi= doesn't seem to have any effect with MacOS X backend

    #1208    FAIL: matplotlib.tests.test_text.test_contains.test
    release_critical
    #1176    Reverted a previous change to artist transform setting. Fixes
    legend bug.

    Non-critical features that are near completion -- just needing some
    confirmation or testing:

    #847    Add stacked kwarg to hist and implement stacked hists for step
    histtype
    #751    Building on osx with python 3.2 OSX

    Problems requiring a fix in another project:

    #1126    Qt4 save dialog not functional on CentOS-5

    Things that are probably too big to fix now, but deserve warnings
    in the
    release notes:

    #854    Bug in Axes.relim when the first line is y_isdata=False and
    possible fix
    #740    plt.pcolormesh and shape mismatch
    #162    twinx and plot_date confirmed

    Reminders for the release manager:

    #1207    Add contributor and git stats to documentation
    #1070    Use github for downloads

    I will write prose for the "too big to fix now" stuff, and I trust the
    other close things will get done by their respective authors. Then
    we're
    very close to getting a release candidate out.

    Congratulations to everyone for a job well done!

    Mike

    Live Security Virtual Conference
    threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
    Discussions
    will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
    malware