Thanks Andreas,

> I couldn't find any test runner script / method.

There is currently no "python setup.py tests" type runner (which would be
welcomed), but the obvious test runner is to use "nose" - something like
"nosetests cartopy" should do the trick. It'd also be very easy to put a
function in the cartopy.tests module so that one may run the tests with
"import cartopy.tests; cartopy.tests.run_all()" - if that'd encourage you
to run the tests, I'd be supportive of adding it :-)

> the test_img_nest.py script fails on my machine

Hmmm, yes, it makes use of the hardcoded path based on __file__ of cartopy.
It'd be pretty quick to change this to use the cartopy.config['data_dir']
location, which should be writeable. Would you mind opening an issue or if
you're keen a PR?

> Thanks for making cartopy, this is awesome :)

Cool. Glad you like it - there are still some issues to address, but in
principle it is looking very promising IMHO.

Cheers,

Phil