I distribute a Mac application using matplotlib.

Recent versions that use matplotlib 1.3.0 fail to run on some new
accounts. The symptoms are that the application never finishes loading
and a task named "fc-list" takes up 100% of a core -- for as long as
we've let it run (a good fraction of an hour).

The only solution we've found is to copy ~/.matplotlib from an account
where it works to the new account.

It is reproducible on some machines, but unfortunately not mine. When I
create a new account on my machine I do not see the problem. Thus I have
not yet been able to come up with a minimal case that shows the problem.
I'll try to get more info.

Is this is a known issue?

-- Russell