Hello,
I agree with Thomas this is not the right (and only) forum to ask
these questions. If you seek legal advice you should ask a lawyer.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Apps Embedded <apps.embed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could I name this app "Scipy Console Free" ?

do no use any name already taken, thats a general rule of thumb to
avoid legal issues

> In the BSD licence of Scipy library, it is said
> "...
>
> Neither the name of Enthought nor the names of the SciPy Developers may be
> used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
> specific prior written permission.
>
> ..."
>
> So Scipy Console shoud be ok ? Since Scipy does not seem to be forbidden by
> the licence text.

Nope you didnt get the licence right (at list that point), there it
means you cannot say the entity Enthought or any SciPy developers (the
people who wrote the scipy code) are endorsing your product as good,
valid, appropriate, anything.

Again, seek legal advices with legal professionels.

Regards,