That is super cool.  I was thinking about doing something similar, glad it
has already been so well done.

The example figures at the bottom bring up another point, we should have a
canonical set of test figures, both for the color map and the defaults in
general, I think that will really help with this discussion.

That example could also be reused as a standard show-case for style-files.

Tom