I like it, but perhaps we should condense it to one word for ease of typing, how about "Redgauntlet"? It kind of feels appropriate (for those who need an explanation of why, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_guKhYVr5vA).

On the colormap itself, it looks good apart from the fade into blue, my eyes on this laptop monitor see a sharp gradient around 0.2 compared with the more gradual gradient at the other end. Also I see constant colour between 0 and 0.1, and between 0.9 and 1, with less change between 0.8 to 0.9 then 0.1 and 0.2. Not sure if one causes an optical illusion in the other or not.

Finally a bit confused as to what all the lines mean, any chance of some annotation? Also I would find it helpful to see a version without the big red line and what it looks like in practice (see the doc for the test script).

Best,
OceanWolf