Hi all,

I'm seeing some unexpected behavior when trying to hide a tick label,
which I like to do with ganged plots.  When I attempt this, however,
it seems the axis label is no longer drawn.  For example,

x = arange(5)
ax = subplot(111)
ax.plot(x, x)
xtl = ax.get_xticklabels()
xtl[0].set_visible(False)
ax.set_xlabel('foo')

will correctly not draw the leftmost x tick label, but it won't draw
the axis label ('foo') either.  Subsequently issuing ax.get_xaxis
().get_label().set_visible(True) doesn't help.  Any thoughts?

Mike