On 9/6/06, Rob Hetland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been having problems with postscript output from MPL on my
> various Macs that is just beyond the problem discussed in the tread
> here.  But this seemed like the best place to bring it up.  The basic
> problem is that Adobe products like Illustrator can't read MPL .eps
> output.

FWIW, I've had very good luck recently using inkscape
(http://www.inkscape.org/) to edit PS files, both old ones made by
who-knows-what and fresh mpl-off-svn ones.  I've been able to fix old
labels that needed changes for figures whose data source is nowhere to
be found, change a line color and dashing/cap style, etc.  I'm not a
graphics artist and have never used Illustrator, but for my needs,
inkscape has so far been an excellent (and free!) solution.

Note that this is on a Linux Ubuntu Dapper box, with the pstoedit
program installed, which inkscape uses to read *PS files into an
editable vector format.

Cheers,