[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> But why the compatibility function is used? Not the new one from numpy? I
> didn't ask for a Numeric compatibility?
> I don't understand the need to have the Numeric function when I'm using numpy.

The numerix layer is also used internally by matplotlib such that it does not
need to have three different implementations to support the three array
packages. It serves to be a uniform layer over the three packages, not just
serve as a common place to get array functions from. That it is also exposed by
importing everything from pylab is a side effect. If you don't want this, then
you can configure ipython to import everything you want from numpy *after*
pylab.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."