> As for the preview header, I suspect there arte 3rd part tools that
> can do this (ImageMagick?).  We should be able to do it ourself with
> agg, but it would require someone to dig in and figure out the spec.
>
> JDH
One last remark on this: Since so many journals demand this, would it be worth
a feature request? (I don't have the time nor the skills to work on this.)
One may think of this as one wishes (don't like these publishing companies
and their demands, either), but matplotlib wants to enable its users to
produce figures ready for publication, right?

Christian