I did my best to search the examples, mailing list, etc. but was surprised that I didn’t even find this question asked, let alone answered.

My basic question: Is it possible to remove a data series from a matplotlib plot?

Longer question:

I'm using matplotlib to generate graph images for an interactive web site.  Through the web site, the user can create a plot and add data series to it.  I'd also like the user to be able to remove a data series.  At the moment, I am accomplishing this by clearing the plot and replotting all the data series except of course for the one to be removed.  This seems inefficient.

So something like:

      fig = Figure()

      ax = fig.add_subplot(111)

      series1 = ax.plot(<some plot parameters here>)

      series2 = ax.plot(<some plot parameters here>)

      series3 = ax.plot(<some plot parameters here>)

And now I want to remove series2 from the plot.

Is this possible?  If it is, can anyone point me to the relevant part of the user's guide/class library?  Or is the best approach to clear the plot and replot 1 and 3 (and reset all the axes, legends, etc.)

I apologize if this is a FAQ, but as I said, my search for it came up empty.

Thanks,

-Dan

------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]