Russell E Owen wrote:
> There are two issues:
> 1) The wxPython installer is finding the wrong wx-config. It finds
> the one for the outdated built-in wx instead of the one used by
> wxPython (which is deeply buried and very unlikely to be on your
> $PATH).
> 2) There are bugs in the particular wxPython 2.7 I was using that
> prevent building matplotlib. Note that 2.7.x is, by definition, a
> development branch; the next stable release series will be 2.8.x.

I'm not sure if it's a bug in wxPython 2.7 -- or a bug in the wxAgg code
that happens to be triggered by 2.7...

> - Put its wx-config on your path. I did this as follows:
> sudo ln -s
> /usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.6.3.3/lib/wx/config/mac-unicode-debug-2.6

The other option is to set an environment variable, before running setup.py:
(bash syntax)

export WX_CONFIG=/usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.6.3.3/bin/wx-config

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]