John Hunter wrote:
> I'm hesitant to make a single (shared) identity transform since
> transforms are mutable.

Couldn't you make one that was immutable (is that possible in Python)?
Or even just have a convention that you don't mutate the identity
transform (though it could be way to late for that now!), kind of like
how we all no not to assign anything else to the name "None".

> The harder part was modifying all of the derived classes that were
> using the _transform attr directly -- all these had to be ported to
> use get_transform instead.

This sounds like a job for properties! make _transform a property, and
code that gets and sets it directly should still work. though People
that were accessing an underscored name directly should expect this kind
of problem.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]