Miles Lubin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I would like to be able to remove the dotted straight lines on the polar
> axes, but keep the dotted circular lines (not sure of the technical
> names, sorry). I also want to remove the degree measurement labels since
> they are not meaningful for the data that I am displaying.
>
> How would I go about doing this?

polar(theta, r)
gca().set_thetagrids([])

> Also, is there any reason why certain points would be behind (i.e.
> covered by) points that were plotted before them?

If they are all the same kind of points--all markers, for example--then
I would expect the rendering order to be the plot command order, because
each plot command adds a line to a list of lines to be rendered.  You
can control the level using the zorder attribute.

lines = polar(theta, r, zorder=2.5)

or

lines = polar(theta, r, theta2, r2)
zo = lines[0].get_zorder()