    Sergio> Hi, I am a new user of matplotlib.  First of all I would
    Sergio> like to say that the people working on matplotlib is doing
    Sergio> a great job.

    Sergio> Well, I have tried to use the 'fill', but I cannot get rid
    Sergio> of the lines.  I have tried to use 'linewidth=0' at the
    Sergio> end, but it did not work.

    Sergio> Could somebody, please, tell me if I am doing something
    Sergio> wrong ?

Whether or not linewidth=0 is respected may be backend dependent.  In
postscript it means use the smallest possible line.  We have discussed
overriding this at the mpl level to impose consistency, but am not
sure what the status of this is.  The safest best is to set the
edgecolor and facecolor to be identical.

JDH