On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, John Hunter wrote:

> If you recompiled cleanly (ie removed the build subdir) with VERBOSE=True
> as instructed, you should be getting tons and tons of output whenever you
> run a script (eg can you run simple_plot.py?).

John,

   I was looking for verbose output during the build rather than when the
script ran. Now I'm on the same page as you are.

> If you do get the output, post it along with the script and the command
> line. Also, try running with different backends, eg, PS, Agg.  DO both
> segfault?

   simple_plot.py and the output (matplot.log) are attached. It is when the
show() command is run that the problem appears.

  How do I specify the backend for a run of the script?

Thanks,

Rich