Hi,

the following simple code (in Matlab syntax):

x1 = [5, 6]
y1 = [3, 2]
bar([1,2], [x1; y1])

produces a bar plot where two of the bars have a color (let's say red) and
the two other bars have another color (let's say blue). I'd like to know
whether it's possible in matplotlib to plot the bars not simply with a
different color but with a different filling pattern. So, for example, the
blue bars filled with vertical lines (or something else) and the red bars
filled with horizontal lines (or again something else).
Please, note that I'm not talking about the borders of the bars. The reason
why I need this feature is that I have to clearly distinguish the bars also
when they are plotted in black and white, because many publications can't be
done in colors.

Any help will be very appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Francesco