On 2/7/07, Marco Fumana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using matplotlib 0.85 in FigureCanvasGTKAgg backend.
> I'm usign mpl_connect method to connect mouse event to function, but
> I'm not able to capture mouse wheel motion.
> Could somebody help me?lotlib-users

Hmm, this surprised me but I just confirmed it.  In older versions of
gtk, if I recall correctly and maybe Steve can confirm, you could get
scroll events as buttons 4 and 5 on button_press_event, but it looks
like you now have to explicitly connect to scroll_event apparently.
mpl should encapsulate the scroll_event across backends, me thinks.

For now you should be able to do

canvas.connect('scroll_event', yourfunc)

but these will be GTK events and callbacks so they will have a
different signature than the mpl callback and will not have the mpl
metadata like xdata and ydata.

JDH