The GUI plots the x/y position of the cursor in data coordinates using
scientific notation including only three significant digits (ie
x=7.24e+03, y=20.2). The scientific notation is annoying but the lack of
significant digits (ie 7.2457e+03) makes it impossible to fully use the
GUI for interactive analyses. It would be nice if the cursor position
denoted by the gui used the same coordinate formatting that the current
axes use. Thus, if my axes are set to use something like 7.2f formatting
for values less than 1e5, the cursor coordinate would be displayed in the
same way (and instead of x=7.24e+03,y=20.1 the gui would read
x=7245.70,y=20.1 when the cursor is at that coordinate position).

I hope this clears things up!
Matt