I have a problem with backend: by default it was Agg; i tried to change the
file .matplotlibrc and to put GTKAgg, but as I import pylab I got these
errors:

>>>from pylab import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pylab.py", line 1, in ?
    from matplotlib.pylab import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/pylab.py", line
220, in ?
    new_figure_manager, draw_if_interactive, show = pylab_setup()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/__init__.py",
line 23, in pylab_setup
    globals(),locals(),[backend_name])
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtkagg.py",
line 10, in ?
    from backend_gtk import gtk, FigureManagerGTK, FigureCanvasGTK,\
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtk.py",
line 6, in ?
    import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject

What can I do?