On Feb 21, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:
> Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
>>
>> Is there a list of what the problems are?
>
> One is that it won't build, due to a code error in the extension -- I
> don't know why that same error didn't cause a problem with earlier
> versions of wxPython.

The WXAgg backend itself should still function without _wxagg.so,
which exists slowly to speed up the Agg/wx.Image/wx.Bitmap tango.  I
tried to get it up and running on OSX with wxPython 2.8 earlier today
but was quickly stymied by an inscrutable problem with
wxPyConstructObject().  Since I'd like to start moving away from
using a C++ extension in the backend, I'm going to try to re-
implement its functionality using the new wx.BitmapFromBufferRGBA().

> The other I know about is some oddities with the toolbar on OS-X -- I
> think those are OS-X only issues.

Once I have the WXAgg accelerator straightened out, I'll see if I can
reproduce and fix this problem.

Ken