On Feb 22, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Jeff Peery wrote:

> So it works ok when I execute my wxApp from boa, but it acts
> strange then locks up when I run it from the IDLE???

Yep.  It's a result of the way programs like Boa and IDLE are
written.  In general, you can't mix and match GUI libraries (e.g.
wxPython and Tkinter) without heroic measures.

> Since I'm using matplotlib and wxpython, should I be using
> wxpython2.6? If so where can I get teh wxpython2.6 windows
> installer? I looked at sourceforge and the oldest version is 2.7.

Right now you'll probably be happiest using 2.6.  You can download
the win32 installer from http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

Hopefully the 0.91 release will include some improvements I'm working
on, but haven't committed yet.  At that point wxPython 2.8 will
(hopefully) become the best choice for win32.

> thanks again for teh help!

You are teh welcome!

Ken