Thanks for the answer, John and Jouni.

Okay, Line2D works.  However, it appears to work in point (or is it pixels?)
only.  It doesn't accept xycoords="figure fraction" as an option.  How can I
specify xy as a fraction of the figure size?

I read the transform cookbook cited by Jouni.  I am afraid I am lost what that
does....

Regards,

John Henry