Hello,

When I plot using the errorbar() routine, I get beautiful plots,
complete with error bars.  Then, when I want to perform manipulations
on the data after the fact, I use

lines = axes.get_lines()

to get at the lines

lines[n].get_xdata() and set_xdata()

to edit the data etc...

The problem is when I do errobar() I get not only the data lines, but
also a bunch of small lines for drawing the error bars, and it's very
difficult to sort them all out to get at the data of the plot.

My question is, is there an easy/bulletproof way to tell if a given
line from get_lines() is an error bar or the actual data?

Thanks!
Jack