[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am using matplotlib to create single page plots and the whole
> process works fine. However, when I am done, I end up with lots of
> single page pdf files. Is there a way to get matplotlib to combine
> them all into a single PDF file?

No, at least not currently. Tools that can do this include pdftk and
pdfTeX; in pdfTeX the easiest way to go is probably to use the
pdfpages package.

http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfpages/pdfpages.pdf

> I tried using another package PyPDF but ended up with either file
> I/O problems or too many file opened problem.

I was not aware of PyPDF, but it looks like it is being actively
developed. Perhaps you could submit a bug report to the author of
PyPDF?

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks