All:

I just put a new release (0.9.5) of basemap on the sf download site.
Not much in the way of new features, mostly minor bugfixes, python 2.5
compatibility fixes and under-the-hood changes to facilitate building
eggs.

MacOS X and windows binary installers are available for python 2.4 and 2.5.

The examples are in a separate tarfile, since they are not included with
the binary installers.

The 'crude', 'low' and 'intermediate' boundary datasets are now
installed by default.  If you need the 'high' resolution data, you can
download a separate 18 mb tar.gz and drop the files manually into
basemap_datadir ("from matplotlib.toolkits.basemap import
basemap_datadir" to find out what that is).

Windows users - please let me know if the binary installers work OK.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449