My understanding is that currently the best way to get all these
packages (wxpython, matplotlib, numpy, etc) running together on os x is
via these packages:
http://pythonmac.org/packages/

at least, I can say for sure that the 2.5 builds worked without a hitch
for me.  Its a little tough right now that os x doesn't have one python
install to rule them all.  Instead, there are about 5 (not an actual
count) ways to do it, most with gotchas.
tim