I've just started using matplotlib, and I'm stumped on where to
find basic info.  I've search the users guide, tutorial, and
FAQ, and I can't find things as simple as a list of what the
color specifiers are.  I've figured out that 'r' is red, 'k' is
black, but I can't figure out where stuff like that is
documented.

Likewise for line-style.

Where is the basic usage info at?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If I pull this SWITCH
                                  at               I'll be RITA HAYWORTH!! Or