Hi Jan,

I'm not sure about the reason, but your little example runs for me using
several backends (GtkAgg, TkAgg, WxAgg).
I'm using Debian (kernel 2.6) and matplotlib 0.90.0 at revison 3131.
Maybe it could help to add some more 'draw()' commands after plotting and
reseting data - not really good style, but sometimes helpful.

best regards,
Matthias