(forgot reply-to-all)
--- Begin Message ---
Yoav Avitzour wrote:

OK, thanks for the info. Is imshow currently the only array imaging routine that supports this functionality?

You can also do it with pcolor, provided you flatten the array. This was probably true with 0.87.7; I have verified it only with svn.

Eric

Thanks again,

Yoav

Eric Firing wrote:

The contour routine does not have update functionality similar to that of an image; you have no choice but to generate a new ContourSet object each time.

Eric

Yoav Avitzour wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create 2D animations using contours. Is there a recommended way to do this? I was hoping to follow the same route as in the dynamic_image_gtkagg.py example, but for some reason set_array doesn't work for me with contour. It doesn't produce any error, but the figure just doesn't get updated after calling canvas.draw().

Matplotlib version: 0.87.7

Thanks,

Yoav

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/