On 4/26/07, James Boyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the easiest way to put a label on the color bar. I am
> thinking of putting units either below or next to the bar.
> I do not see this in the examples or wiki.
> My first guess is to get hold of the axis for the colorbar and put a
> label using this - but this seems a bit  roundabout.

colorbar returns a matplotlib.colorbar.Colorbar instance.  This has an
Axes attribute attached as "ax", eg

  cb = fig.colorbar(...)
  cb.ax.set_xlabel('etc')

but you should look at the class methods available in the Colorbar
class proper.  Eg, Colorbar.set_label will set either the xlabel or
the ylabel depending on the orientation.

JDH