Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
Hi Uwe,

Uwe Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

I'm using

     from matplotlib.backends.backend_wx import FigureCanvasWx

for plotting data. It works fine, but the font used on
Windows XP is not really pretty. I would like to use another
font family and another size.

I just recently discovered this for a Vista legend problem I had (they were to big).

from matplotlib.font_manager import FontProperties
self.figure.legend((statsLinesP + statsLinesC), (statsTextsP + statsTextsC),
                   loc=self.legendPos, prop=FontProperties(size='smaller'))

Thanks for your hint. But it does not work for me. title() does not support a 'prop' argument.

But I found a solution. One can write

    axes.set_title("title", fontsize=10)

which works for me.

But I have another question concerning fontsize's :
How can I set the fontsize of the x- and y-ticks-labels ????

Greetings, Uwe

--

Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt
F&E Mathematik

mineway GmbH
Science Park 2
D-66123 Saarbrücken

Telefon: +49 (0)681 830 5334
Telefax: +49 (0)681 830 4376

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mineway.de

Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Mathias Bauer
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 12339

begin:vcard
fn:Dr. Uwe Schmitt
n:Schmitt;Uwe
org:mineway GmbH;F & E Mathematik
adr;quoted-printable;dom:;;Stuhlsatzenhausweg;Saarbr=C3=BCcken;;66123
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:0681 8390 5334
tel;fax:0681 830 4376
note;quoted-printable:Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt=0D=0A=
	Forschung & Entwicklung=0D=0A=
	Mathematik=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	mineway GmbH=0D=0A=
	Science Park 2=0D=0A=
	D-66123 Saarbr=C3=BCcken=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Telefon: +49 (0)681 8390 5334=0D=0A=
	Telefax: +49 (0)681 830 4376=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	[EMAIL PROTECTED]
	www.mineway.de=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Gesch=C3=A4ftsf=C3=BChrung: Dr.-Ing. Mathias Bauer=0D=0A=
	Amtsgericht Saarbr=C3=BCcken HRB 12339=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=