Hi list,

I have a set of time series data which is year's worth of wind speed at a
particular place (one data point per minute).  I want to see how wind speed
spreads throughout the day.   I can do a scatter char with 24 hours of the day
vs wind speed but then I end up with something that's not too useful (too many
data points).  What's more interesting is to present the data as a time / wind
speed / frequency plot.

The kind of plot shown in image_interp.py looks interesting.   Is there a way
to combine the capability of plot_date and imshow?   If so, may be I can have
hour of the day vs wind-speed with the color be a function of the data
frequency.

Thanks,

--
John Henry