On 5/16/07, Thorsten Kranz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I have a question about the command "imshow". Is there a way to have
> such a colorplot only limited to a circular area?
>
> I want to have it look like the colorplots in
>
> http://www.uke.uni-hamburg.de/kliniken/neurologie/downloads/klinik-neurologie/Hummel_Figure7.jpg
>

> Nice is also something like
> http://www.sol.lu.se/humlab/research/img/erp02.jpg
>
> Can it be done with matplotlib?

Not quite.  I recently added support for clipping to polygons in *Agg,
but I haven't ported this to all the mpl Artists yet.  In particular,
I haven't done it for images.  You might be able to do it yourself if
you wanted to explicitly set the alpha channel, so that alpha outside
the circle was 0.

JDH