On Monday 21 May 2007 01:28:27 pm Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:
> I am closing the issue I had with ghostscript : I just built in
> /usr/local ghostscript 8.56 and now saving in eps file does not truncate
> the figure anymore.

Good news, thanks for the update.

> Thanks to Darren for pointing out that the FC5 version of ghostscript is
> way old.... And it looks like the FC7 version is as old !!
> Probably a licensing issue.

It's not a licensing issue; many linux distributions ship ESP ghostscript
because it supposedly works better with the CUPS printing system. I have been
using GPL ghostscript with CUPS for a long time, with no complaints. But here
is some good news: ESP cups is merging with GPL cups as of version 8.57, and
the ESP project will be discontinued.

> Darren Dale wrote:
> > On Monday 21 May 2007 10:42:26 am you wrote:
> >> hi Darren,
> >> thanks. I am not sure what you have in mind with the GPL.... My
> >> ghostscript rpm are :
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ rpm -qa | grep ghostscript
> >> ghostscript-devel-8.15.2-1.1
> >> ghostscript-8.15.2-1.1
> >> ghostscript-fonts-5.50-13.1
> >> ghostscript-gtk-8.15.2-1.1
> >
> > There are three different versions of ghostscript: AFPL, GPL (formerly
> > GNU), and ESP ghostscript. You most likely have ESP ghostscript.
> > Fortunately, I just read that ESP and GPL ghostscript are merging as of
> > version 8.57, and the ESP project will be discontinued.
> >
> >> Given the fact that I use  FC5 I would be surprised to be using very old
> >> versions, which then would cause problems.
> >
> > GPL 8.15 was released almost 3 years ago.
> >
> >> I had more in mind
> >> configuration probl;ems or mismatch....
> >
> > There have been all kinds of problems reported on this mailing list with
> > usetex that were solved by upgrading ghostscript to 8.54.

Darren S. Dale, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist
Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
Cornell University