Hi John,

This is absolutely fantastic, does everything I want, 1/2 hr after
getting to work, I had it up and running in my application.

I do have a question though.

I had not seen mention of SpanSelector before in documentation.
And I do feel confusion about where to find the best documentation.

I look on the web site, and I can see a pylab API
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/pylab_commands.html
I can see another page with MatPlotLib interface
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/matplotlib.pylab.html#-cla
both of which make no mention of SpanSelector

After seeing you use this command I had another look on web site and saw
a link to API (pdf)  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api.pdf
Which does have a section on SpanSelector

I did a search on the Wiki and couldn't find an entry for SpanSelector

On the forums I have heard about an OO interface.

I am Sooo confused where I should go and look for documentation now,
.... how can I learn little gems like this?, Which interface should I use?

Love using MatPlotLib/pylab, whatever it's called, I've found it quick
to get something up and running, the forums are great for snippets of info
and I would love to get a deeper understanding of the capabilities of
this tool.

Thanks
Steve