On 14/07/07, John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/14/07, Adam Mercer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to shade a couple of areas of a plot I'm creating, I need
> > to shade the area above one line and the area below another.
> > According to the documentation it looks like I need to use the fill()
> > method but I can't get it to work, the code I use for creating the
> > plot is below:
>
> The cookbook entry
>
> http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/SigmoidalFunctions
>
> illustrates how to fill below lines -- it is a little more
> complicated, because it fills below the intersection of two lines, but
> it should help.  See also
> http://matplotlib.sf.net/examples/fill_demo.py

I found these examples whilst trying to get the fill() method to work
but couldn't get anything working. I added the line

  axes.fill(mass, minimum_mass(options, mass), facecolor='red', alpha=0.5)

which, if I'm following the example correctly, should fill the area
under the minimum mass line red, but it has no effect on the plot.

Cheers

Adam