I tried the new setup.py script and found:

C:\matplotlib\trunk\matplotlib>c:\python25\python.exe setup.py build
BUILDING MATPLOTLIB
            matplotlib: 0.90.1 (r3634)
                python: 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC
                        v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
              platform: win32
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 122, in <module>
    print_status('Windows version', sys.getwindowsversion())
  File "C:\matplotlib\trunk\matplotlib\setupext.py", line 119, in
print_status
    subsequent_indent=indent)
  File "c:\python25\lib\textwrap.py", line 315, in fill
    return w.fill(text)
  File "c:\python25\lib\textwrap.py", line 287, in fill
    return "\n".join(self.wrap(text))
  File "c:\python25\lib\textwrap.py", line 274, in wrap
    text = self._munge_whitespace(text)
  File "c:\python25\lib\textwrap.py", line 122, in _munge_whitespace
    text = text.expandtabs()
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'expandtabs'

Any ideas?  Thanks!!!

William