Ted Drain wrote:
> I don't think so.  We always manually check for horizontal and
> vertical axis crossings and split the line as many times as necessary.

One other solution  might be to not plot a line, but use scatter to plot
the individual points.  If there are enough of them, it will look OK.

-Jeff
> At 03:31 PM 8/2/2007, James Boyle wrote:
>
>> This is probably for Jeff but maybe someone else has an answer.
>> If I plot a satellite orbit on the globe when the groundtrack passes
>> the edge of the map - in this case the Greenwich meridian  - the
>> line  'snaps back ' across the plot where the line picks up on the
>> other side of the globe.
>> The attached plot shows the problem, note the line across the
>> northern polar regions. I have encountered this before. In this case
>> I can break the ground track into two segments, one up to and
>> including Greenwich and the other from Greenwich eastward.
>>
>> My question: Is there a more elegant way to deal with this situation
>> in Basemap? I have a nagging feeling that Jeff has addressed this
>> issue but I cannot find anything in the examples.
>>
>> --Jim

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg