william ratcliff wrote:
 > No, with whatever is in the current version of svn, it now works on the
 > intel quad as well.  Thanks!

That's great news!  While it's great to hear that it's working, it would
be even better to track down the cause of the failure, if possible.

Do you mean the current version of SVN of numpy or matplotlib?  It
doesn't like there were any commits to matplotlib over the weekend.

Do you happen to know what SVN revision was breaking before you updated
and everything worked?  When you finally updated and things worked, did
you clean the build directory by any chance?  Python distutils doesn't
always track dependencies correctly and rebuild enough stuff, which can
sometimes be the cause of problems.

>     I just tried following Michael's build
>     instructions (incidentally, could his last additions to setup.py be
>     checked in to svn, along with a profile25.bat file?)

I was wary of committing that change until it had been reviewed by
someone else with more mingw32 experience.  It worked for me, but it has
the feel of something slightly hackish...

For review, in case some other Windows guys are listening, I adding the
following right before the final "distrib = setup(..." in setup.py:

     from setupext import get_win32_compiler
     if sys.platform == 'win32' and get_win32_compiler() == 'mingw32':
         for module in ext_modules:
             module.libraries.append("msvcrt")

As for profile25.bat, I can't find it in SVN.  Maybe whoever is
responsible for win32_static.tar.gz needs to do it.  Not sure...

Cheers,
Mike