Hi Everyone,

I just started to use pylab, and there are two issues I can't figure
out a way to get around.

1. show() does not return until I close the plot window. This makes it
impossible to show multiple plots at the same time. How can I show
multiple plots?

2. How can I get a handle or object reference to the plot window so
that I can manipulate it specifically?

I found some references to the API. The API seems quite different from
the plot interface and is considerably low-level. So am just wondering
if using the API is the only way to do these things. It seems to me
that if plot(...) can return an object reference to the chart winodw,
all these can easily be solved.

Thanks,
Geoffrey