"John Hunter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 8/24/07, Christopher Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> This may not be what it seems. The native coordinate system for
>> PostScript is in points, which are 1/72 if an inch, so it's common to
>> force that as a dpi. [...]
>
> Yes, this is exactly right and the reason we do it this way.  We
> support fractional points so indeed you have higher resolutions.  Off
> the top of my head, I am not sure what is going on with the image
> resolution problem....

I just tried with current svn, and the following script produces two
results that have visibly different resolutions:

#!/usr/bin/python
from pylab import *
foo = rand(10,10)
imshow(foo)
savefig('foo10.ps', dpi=10)
savefig('foo100.ps', dpi=100)

Perhaps the original poster could show a bit of code where the scaling
fails?

(I'm not sure if figimage is doing the right thing, though...)

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks