Eric Firing wrote:
> Xavier Gnata wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I looking for a way to modify the colorbar ticks font size.
>> a=rand(100,100)
>> imshow(a)
>> colorbar()
>> and then??
>>
>> For instance, xticks(fontsize=20) works well to modify the ticks
>> fontsize along the X-axis but colorbar(fontsize=20) does not exists.
>> I must be missing something.
>
> cb = colorbar() # grab the Colorbar instance
> for t in cb.ax.get_yticklabels():
>     t.set_fontsize(20)
>
> The colorbar function makes a new axes object, the "ax" attribute of
> the Colorbar instance returned by the colorbar function.  From that
> you get the list of text objects, which you then modify.
>
> The pylab xticks and yticks functions make the retrieval and
> modification of the text objects easier, but they operate only on the
> "current axes", and the colorbar leaves the image axes as current.
>
> An alternative method is to change the current axes:
>
> imaxes = gca()
> axes(cb.ax)
> yticks(fontsize=20)
> axes(imaxes)
>

> Here I saved and restored the original axes in case you want to do
> something with the image axes after modifying the colorbar.
>
> Eric

Hi,

Your first method is not working on my box (no change) but the second
one is just fine :)
However, it is not as intuitive as other matplotlib ways of doing things.
Is there a simple way to modify the colorbar code to get something like
colorbar(fontsize=20) work ?
Or maybe as a method like that : cb=colorbar() cb.set_fontsize(20)
Any comments ?

Xavier

Xavier Gnata
CRAL - Observatoire de Lyon