On 9/12/07, Jouni K. Seppänen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Martin Bures <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
>
> > MATLAB has a command, print, and it allows you to output a figure to a
> > file, such as a .ps file and it has a switch '-append' so that you can
> > append multiple plots to the same file.
> >
> > Is there a switch for the pylab command, 'savefig' to do the same
> > thing?
>
> No, at least not currently.
>
> --
> Jouni K. Seppänen
> http://www.iki.fi/jks

somthing like append(filename) will be the best thing to do it.
but this will not work for *.png files.
I am not familiar with EPS and PS. I thought only ps supports
multipages, and each page has one figure.

Since my data analysis and plotting works sometimes on Linux(office),
sometimes Windows (home). A native support from matplotlib would be
fantasitic.

Thanks for the suggestions.