Adam Mercer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some skymap data, i.e. theta, phi and some intensity that I
> would like to plot on the surface of a sphere, does matplotlib support
> plotting on the surface of a sphere?  I've looked through the examples
> and can't seem to find anything.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

Adam:  If you can convert your coordinates into latitudes and
longitudes, then you can plot the data with the basemap tookit on your
choice of map projection (see
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Maps for an example).

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449