Don't take this is a definitive answer, because this may be out of
date...  The quiver.py module contains the following comment at the top:

"""
This will also become a home for things such as standard
deviation ellipses, which can and will be derived very easily from
the Quiver code.
"""

...suggesting that this was planned but not yet implemented.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Droettboom