On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Darren Dale wrote:

> They are all defaults. We prefer to ship default rc files that are
> commented out so it is easier to track down bugs, it makes it easier to
> keep track of any nonstandard settings.

Darren,

   Thank you. I assumed that to be the case, but it's nice to have that
confirmed.

   On the original issue, changing from the default GTKAgg to WXAgg removed
all the GTK (cairo, libpangocairo) errors I was seeing. Since I want WXAgg
as the default anyway, this works out nicely.

   Now to learn matplotlib for our application. I know I'll be back with
questions. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving,

Rich