Arnar -

I presume you are using Tk.
This is a known bug under Tk, that is apparently difficult to solve.
John Hunter looked into it a year back or so, but couldn't find help
from Tk experts that may know the solution.
Oddly enough, I have written my own GUI in Tk, where I modified the
toolbar, and I don't have the problem.

If this could be solved, I would be very happy,

Mark